- Plan a Perfect Week
- San Francisco Tours
- Wine Country Tours
- Silicon Vly/San Jose
- Tours with more than 6
We can pick you up anywhere within 90 minutes’ drive of San Francisco—at your home, hotel, ship's terminal, or the airport!
California Wine Country Tours
Come, explore the captivating scenery, distinctive architecture, rich history and great wines of California Wine Country. We pick you up anywhere in the San Francisco Bay area and take you inside the wineries to discover clues to the alchemy.
Of California's 3000+ wineries, about a third are within a two-hours' drive of downtown San Francisco. We've created our itineraries to facilitate an exciting day (or two) for a variety of interests—but you may also tell us where you'd prefer to go:
- Discover Napa and Sonoma Tour: if it's your first visit or you haven't been here in years.
- Napa Illuminated Tour: focuses on that famous home of world-class wines.
- Sonoma Savored Tour: offers just as much as Napa Valley with regard to history, beautiful wineries, scenery, and quality wines—but less crowded and quieter.
- Dry Creek, Russian River Tour: a little further north, on roads less traveled.
- Redwoods, then Wine Tour: two great wonders—the world's tallest trees and some of the planet's best wines.
- Bon Vivants' Tour: features seated, more leisurely tastings in the most elegant wineries.
- Connoisseurs' Choice Tour: for epicures who know exactly what they want…just name the 4 or 5 wineries where you'd prefer to tour and,or taste, and we create a viable itinerary.
“Best possible 'substantive' overview of [the] wine country.”
“Thanks to you, we now have the best possible "substantive" overview of wine country, its nooks, crannies, history and aesthetics.”
– Thomas B. (Cleveland, Ohio)
What will it Cost?
Because each tour is designed to fit your interests, our fees vary. Basically you pay by the number of hours in your itinerary. We do not add the fuel surcharges, "license fees," "tax" and mandatory gratuities that many other companies do.
Click Here to discover more about how we determine your fee. FYI the most popular versions of our California Wine Country tours run 9-10 hours — shorter if that suits your availability best.
Why Go with Us to Tour California Wine Country?
Because limos are expensive (check the 'tax' + other 'hidden' fees) and in them you're not positioned to really see the scenery. Big buses marry you to a hurried crowd. And who wants to be the designated driver trying to find one winery in 400? On weekends and in summer the main highway through Napa Valley can back up for miles. We know the scenic backroads, with their less frequented wineries boasting excellent wines and offering private tours. Don't worry… you'll see the famous establishments too. Enjoy good, healthy food, whether at the CIA cooking school, one of the region's outstanding restaurants, or from a gourmet deli. We put what you're observing in its historical context, respond to your questions, and help you remember that you're on vacation… minimizing your stress, maximizing your pleasure.
There are so many reasons why we're your best choice! for a tour of California Wine Country.
“Far superior to the bus tours we have taken”
“Let us start by thanking you for a day of wine tasting that was everything we had hoped it would be and more! We loved the opportunity to visit the unique and interesting wineries, as well as some of the more famous ones. It was far superior to the bus tours we have taken because it was personal, intimate, and took into account our tastes and preferences. Your selection of wineries was wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this informative and indulgent tour! …We would definitely recommend you to friends!”
– Lynn & Clint H. (Drumheller, Alberta)
More California Wine Country Tours
- Art Lovers' Tour: features the unique DiRosa Arts Preserve and wineries with exceptional art and sculpture collections.
- Grape Juice Tour: for those traveling with small children or teenagers.
- Mainly Champagne Tour: millions of tiny bubbles, in unforgettable settings.
- Regional options include Alexander Valley, Anderson Valley, Mendocino, and Carmel Valley wineries. FYI, the wineries featured in the wonderful Best Picture nominee, "Sideways," are in the Santa Ynez Valley near Santa Barbara—more than 4 hours south of San Francisco.
Let us help you surrender to the blissful encounter that is our California Wine Country, learning about a major global industry that artfully blends technology and creativity, while appreciating its architecture, gardens and the awesome landscapes that surround you.
“Privileged treatment at every stop.”
“This is to thank you for the excellent time we had in your company visiting the wine country last Friday… We felt we got privileged treatment at every stop, which you had very well chosen. We also appreciated the pace of the tour and the flexibility to make unscheduled stops or detours… a delightful and memorable tour and wine tasting.”
– Trish & Jean G. (Hilton Head Island, South Carolina)
Call: 1-800-960-8099Reserve Your Tour