- Plan a Perfect Week
- San Francisco Tours
- Wine Country Tours
- Silicon Vly/San Jose
- Tours with more than 6
We can pick you up anywhere within 90 minutes’ drive of San Francisco—at your home, hotel, ship's terminal, or the airport!
The Enchantment of Monterey & Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Spectacular Seventeen-Mile Drive, its dramatic views of the ocean, plus otters, pelicans...whales?
- The world-class Monterey Bay Aquarium or historic Old Town…or not
- The storybook village of Carmel-by-the-Sea, its hundred art galleries and one-of-a-kind shops
- The Lodge at Pebble Beach, its renowned golf course
- Pacific Grove (home of the monarch butterfly), its beautiful oceanfront boulevard and Victorian cottages
- 240-year-old Spanish Mission & museum
- Clint Eastwood's Mission Ranch
- Big Sur's fabled panoramas—an Optional Add-On
Why Go with Us to Monterey & Carmel?
Why tour the Monterey Peninsula with A Friend in Town and not just rent a car or take the big bus tour? Because driving yourself, you'll waste time figuring out exactly where everything is and focusing on the road rather than the scenery. The big buses can't go some places and rush you everywhere else. We show you the off-the-beaten-path places most visitors miss, let you determine our pace and choose where we lunch...helping you remember that you're on vacation, minimizing your stress, maximizing your enjoyment.
There are many more reasons why we're your best choice! for a day (or overnight) in Monterey, Pacific Grove, Pebble Beach, Carmel or Big Sur.
“Best and the most remarkable part of my California Trip”
“Thank you for bringing us such a wonderful trip. Honestly the day-tour to Monterey and Carmel turned out to be the best and the most remarkable part of my California trip. The tour was just perfect! I will never forget the breathtaking scenery. …And thank you for explaining everything to us.”
– Forrest C., Vancouver & Hong Kong
What will it COST?
Because each tour is designed to fit your interests, our fees vary. Basically you pay by the number of hours in your itinerary. We do not add the fuel surcharges, "license fees," "tax" and mandatory gratuities that many other companies do.
|FEE||Average Duration||Additional Costs
(paid to vendors)
|Gratuity||Add'l Hours||Minimum Duration|
|$660*||10–11h||Admission to the Aquarium & Carmel Mission (if visited), Lunch||**||$60 ea||9h|
* Not per-person
* These fees are for couples, groups of up to 6 people, or solo travelers. For groups of 7 to 25+ (whereby we charter a minibus), please ask for a quote.
** A gratuity is customary and will be appreciated, but is not required. Please note that if you are being referred by a Travel Agent, s/he may add to your total a commission (fee for finding and making arrangements with us).
Our Monterey & Carmel Itinerary
A "storybook hamlet in a forest" with eighty art galleries, a great aquarium, world-famous golf courses, an historic and uniquely beautiful Spanish mission church, otters playing in the surf, trees shaped by the wind…a region celebrated by native son John Steinbeck…you don't want to leave the Bay Area without experiencing the Monterey Peninsula.
“Far and above the best.”
“This was our first time in San Francisco, and we had also booked other tours in addition to you. To be honest, you were far and above the best, and we ended up wishing that we had used you more than we did. …I need to compliment you on your professionalism, courteousness, extensive knowledge, and engaging manner.”
– Tim L. (Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania)
Call: 1-800-960-8099Reserve Your Tour